Omne Diem Histamine Digest supplies Diamine Oxidase (DAO), the enzyme that neutralizes histamine in the digestive tract.* Taking Diem Histamine Digest prior to consuming high histamine foods and beverages defends against digestive histamine sensitivity and the occurrence of accompanying reactions.*
Our DAO is a natural enzyme-rich protein extract from porcine kidney that is delivered to the small intestine.
DAO promotes histamine degradation within 20 min after intake.
DAO is not absorbed into the body and no adverse events have been recorded with DAO supplementation.
Dietary Support for Histamine Intolerance*
Histamine is a biologically active substance found in a variety of animals and plants. People naturally produce histamine and ingest it from foods.
Foods with high levels of histamine:
- Fermented dairy products – aged cheese & yogurt
- Fermented vegetables – sauerkraut
- Pickled vegetables – dill pickles & pickled beets
- Cured or fermented meats – salami & sausage
- Alcoholic beverages – beer, wine & spirits
Different reactions in the body:
Allergy – An immune system response to a specific allergenic substance. Symptoms can appear quickly with very little exposure.
Intolerance – An "allergy-like" reaction that does not involve an immunological response. Reactions can take time to appear and increase upon level of exposure.
Reactions are variable, seem unrelated and are widespread. Common reactions include:
- flushing, increased heart rate, runny nose, itching, heartburn, headaches, panic attacks, fatigue and more
Low awareness of the disorder
• Neutralizes histamine in the gut*
• Non-systemic, no drug — nutrient interactions, natural kidney extract
8% of people worldwide are affected by histamine intolerance†
Intolerance occurs when the histamine levels in the body get too high or can’t be broken down properly — when histamine levels exceed the amount of diamine oxidase enzyme (DAO) available for degradation.